Russell Island Event
Free digital marketing workshop
Council invites you to come along to a free business workshop ‘Practical Ways to Build Your Digital Marketing’. The digital economy is changing the way we do business. This interactive workshop gives practical steps you can take to:
- build a robust digital marketing strategy
- improve the performance of your website
- use social media to build your brand.
When: Wednesday 16 April 2014
Where: Russell Island Community Hall,
Time: 5pm – 6.30pm
RSVP: email@example.com 3829 8507
Places are limited. A light buffet and refreshments will be served.
Leslie Harrison Dam
Information display Thursday 17 April
You may notice Leslie Harrison Dam at Capalaba receding over the next couple of months.
Seqwater has advised it is reducing dam levels from 80% to 42% to undertake important works. Seqwater is holding an information display with staff members available to answer questions.
When: Thursday 17 April 2014, 10am – 1pm
Where: Capalaba Library, Noeleen Street, Capalaba
To view details of the works, visit the Seqwater website or contact 1800 771 497.
Public holiday closures
Easter and ANZAC Day
Council facilities will be affected by the Easter and ANZAC Day public holidays as follows. Unless indicated below, normal operating hours apply:
- Council offices and mainland libraries, as well as the Redland Performing Arts Centre, closed from Good Friday 18 April, reopening Tuesday 22 April. They will also be closed Friday 25 April for the ANZAC Day public holiday.
- Animal Shelter: open 9am to 12pm only on Good Friday (18 April), Easter Monday (21 April) and ANZAC Day (25 April).
- IndigiScapes Centre and Visitor information Centre: closed Good Friday (18 April) and open 12pm to 4pm only ANZAC Day (25 April)
- Redland Art Gallery: closed Good Friday (18 April), Easter Monday (21 April) and ANZAC Day (25 April)
- All waste transfer stations: closed Good Friday (18 April) – please note kerbside bin collections will continue as normal.
For more information, contact 3829 8999.
Hazard reduction burns at Sheldon
Tuesday 15 and Tuesday 29 April
Council advises it will be conducting hazard reduction burns at Don & Christine Burnett
Conservation Area, Sheldon on Tuesday 15 and Tuesday 29 April (weather permitting).
Planned burns are necessary to reduce the volume of forest litter fuel and reduce potential wildfire hazards. They also provide conditions essential for native plant species regeneration. All attempts are made to limit any smoke hazards. For information, please view the fire management page on our website or call 3829 8456.
Water meter readings
It’s time to prune to prickly pear! We are reading water meters in Capalaba and on North Stradbroke, Macleay, Perulpa, Karragarra and Lamb islands this week. Please make sure meter readers have clear access to your water meter.
Wednesday 23 April, General Meeting – 9.30am