IndigiScapes Tea Garden Café is a great place to go to enjoy bush-tucker inspired meals. As a special Christmas treat, the team are sharing a bush tucker festive favourite you can make at home.
Quandong and Turkey Salad
Serves: 6 Difficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup dried quondongs *
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp master foods lemon myrtle seasoning
- 2 Butter lettuce
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumber peeled
- 600g cooked turkey breast
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 cups of dried quondongs
*dried quondongs can be bought online at bush tucker specialists such as https://www.outbackchef.com.au/30-quandongs
- Soak all dried quandongs in hot water. Drain them once they are soft.
- Put all dressing ingredients into a blender and mix on high.
- Prepare the salad by shredding butter lettuce, cutting the cherry tomatoes in half and slicing the cucumber.
- Dice the turkey breast meat and cut the Swiss cheese slices into quarters.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl or arrange in a serving platter.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.
Prepare the salad fresh. The dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Visit Redlands IndigiScapes Centre at Runnymede Road, Capalaba to try other festive bush tucker-infused meals. You can also purchase bush tucker products such as preserves- they make a great gift!