Redland City Council (Council) is holding a video competition to promote disaster preparation (the Competition).
“Entrant” means the person who is identified in the Your Say portal submission form;
“Video” means a video entry made and submitted in the Competition by an Entrant, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- Entrants must reside in Redland City.
- Videos must include four key Disaster Preparedness Activities including;
- Prepare your home
- Make a household emergency plan and emergency kit
- Know your neighbours
- Be informed
- At least one person under 18 years should feature in the video
- The “Get to Know Your Neighbour” card (from the Disaster Redland website)
- At least one Redland landmark or icon.
- Videos must not be longer than 90 seconds.
- Videos are to be uploaded to YouTube (unlisted) and the link entered via the Your Say Redland City website.
- Entrants must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service (i.e. music copyright)
Judging, exhibition and prizes
- Competition opens 7 July and closes 30 September 2018.
- Competition winners will be notified on 2 October and prizes awarded on 8 October, at the launch of “Get Ready Week” (8 – 15 October).
- Entries will be judged on their creativity and the inclusion of all four essential criteria.
- The Video that is judged to be the winner will be awarded a first prize of one Apple iPad Pro 10.5-inch 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular (Silver) valued at $1399.
- The Video that is judged to be the runner up will be awarded a second prize of a GoPro HERO6 RRP $597 & SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC 64GB 90MB/s Memory Card RRP $59 and an $80 voucher to purchase mounts, valued at $736.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Terms and conditions of entry
- The Competition is open to Entrants of all ages. Entrants under 18 years of age warrant that they have obtained parental consent to enter the Competition, proof of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- Consent form can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Disaster Planning and Operations, Redland City Council, PO Box 21, Cleveland QLD 4163.
- The Entrant must ensure that all persons who appear in the Video have consented to such appearance, or if such persons are under 18 years of age, parental consent must have been provided for the appearance.
- Entrants must reside in Redland City. Videos must be the Entrant’s own work, no commercial productions.
- All Videos including all associated intellectual property become the property of Council.
- Council retains the right to use all entered videos and their images (in part or as a whole) for promotional and educational purposes in printed electronic forms.
- All entries must include your name, email address, phone number and postal address and signed consent forms for Entrants under 18 years.
- Entries must be received by 4pm on 30 September 2018.
- Entry is free.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Only one entry will be accepted per Entrant.
- Council reserves the right to verify the validity of Videos and to disqualify any Video which, in the opinion of Council, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of Council, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Council. Council reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if Council becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- If for any reason the Winner does not take or claim a Prize (or an element of a Prize) by [22 October 2018], then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited and Council may, in its sole discretion award the Prize to a third party.
- The Winner’s name may also be announced on the Council’s social media channels.
- Council accepts no liability in the event that the Winner is unable to be contacted.
- Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any Prize/s or participation in the Competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Council is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend the Competition.
- Entrants may contact RCC at email@example.com to request access to any of the collected personal information that is held. If an Applicant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, RCC may determine that they are not eligible to receive the prizes in this Competition.
“Disaster Preparedness Activities” include the following;
Prepare your home
- Clean gutters and down pipes.
- Securing loose items around your property.
- Trim trees around the house (check with Council first).
- Ensure LPG cylinder relief valves point away from the house to minimise fire risk.
Make a household emergency plan
- Prepare an emergency kit with essentials such as medications, legal papers, first aid kit, a battery operated radio, batteries, pet food, money and a torch.
- Identify a safe place to shelter in a storm or to evacuate in a bushfire and decide how you’d look after your pets.
- Decide whether to go early or stay and defend in bushfire situations.
- Make sure everyone in your household knows the plan.
Know your neighbours
- Your neighbours can be a source of support during emergencies.
- If you don’t know who owns the property next door call Council to assist.
- Those without family or friends close by who would like more social contact can organise for a Red Cross check-in call by phoning 1300 885 698.
- Visit redlanddisasterplan.com.au for information on how to prepare, respond and recover from natural disasters
- For weather and warning updates: Bureau of Meteorology