Redland Art Gallery (RAG), Cleveland and IndigiScapes are all set to reopen to the public on Monday 15 June, with RecycleWorld following the next day.
Mayor Karen Williams said she was delighted that more Council venues would soon be ready to receive visitors in line with Stage 2 of the Queensland Government’s Roadmap to Easing COVID-19 Restrictions.
“While some of our Council venues were able to quickly reopen after the Stage 2 easing of restrictions was brought forward, others are still gearing up to reopen to our community as safely as possible,” Cr Williams said.
“We welcomed the State Government’s decision to bring forward Stage 2, but the lack of notice has meant some slight delays.”
Councillor Williams said art gallery visitors were in for a treat with a revised program of exhibitions being released for the rest of this calendar year.
“Two new exhibitions will run in the Cleveland Gallery from 15 June until 2 August,” she said.
“Redland Art Awards: Works acquired 2006-2018 will highlight 14 wonderful artworks held in the RAG Collections acquired from the gallery’s prestigious biennial contemporary painting competition.
“Breathing Space is a selection of RAG Collection works that encourage us to stop, relax and reconnect with Redlands Coast on Quandamooka Country.”
Council venues – reopening dates and conditions
Redland Art Gallery (RAG), Cleveland will reopen on Monday 15 June with two exhibitions:
• Redland Art Awards: Works acquired 2006-2018
• Breathing Space: Taking time out with the RAG Collection
Conditions in place:
• As a maximum of 20 people is currently permitted, gallery employees will regulate visitor entry.
• There will be no public seating available.
• You can now view exhibitions at the Cleveland gallery in person, with children’s art and craft still activities available online at http://artgallery.redland.qld.gov.au
Redlands IndigiScapes Centre will reopen on Monday 15 June.
The Discovery Centre, gift shop, nursery and café will all reopen, with the flow of visitors being regulated to ensure compliance with social distancing rules.
• Centre opening (including gift shop) hours: 10am – 4pm daily
• Nursery opening hours: 10am – 3pm weekdays
• Café opening hours: three set seating times with modified menu for dining in (bookings essential, limited take-away options will be available):
- Morning tea: 10am –11.30am
- Lunch: 12pm -1.30pm
- Afternoon tea: 2pm – 3pm
Discovery Centre opening hours: three sessions daily, aligned with café seating times.
Phone 3824 8611 for café bookings.
RecycleWorld at Redland Bay Recycle and Waste Centre will reopen on Tuesday 16 June.
Opening hours: Tuesdays and Fridays (instead of Saturdays), 10am – 2pm
• 10am – 12 noon: pedestrian entry only through the loading bay gate. Purchases (other than large items) will need to be carried out by customers via the pedestrian footpath.
• 12 noon – 2pm: vehicle pick up of large items from the loading bay.
Conditions in place:
• Entry will be regulated due to current gathering rules. Visitors can expect queues on entry and payment.
• If the carpark is full, customers may be asked to return later.
• Payment via EFT only.
• Footwear must be worn (this is an existing safety measure).
For full list of conditions: https://www.redland.qld.gov.au/info/20189/waste_transfer_stations/334/recycleworld
All Council venues
• Council venues being reopened will provide safe and welcoming spaces for the Redlands Coast community and visitors.
• Cleaning will be increased, sanitiser will be available and social distancing measures will be in place.
• Conditions at all venues will be reviewed again when Queensland reaches Stage 3 in the easing of restrictions roadmap.