Redland City Council advises residents that temporary road closures will occur in Raby Bay and surrounding areas in Cleveland on Sunday 25 September, from 4.30am to 11am due to round one of the Pho3nix Queensland Triathlon 2022/2023 season.
Motorists are advised that police and traffic controllers will direct and monitor traffic at all intersections and road closures.
The roads that will be temporarily closed are as follows:
- Harbourview Court: 4.30am to 11am
- Shore Street West: from Waterloo Street to Masthead Drive, 6.15am to 10.45am
- Shore Street West: from Masthead Drive to Wellington Street, 6.15am to 10.30am
- Gordon Street*: from Shore Street West to Bainbridge Street West, 6.15am to 10.30am
- Wellington Street/Northern Arterial Road: from Bainbridge Street West to Sturgeon Street, 6.15am to 10.30am
- Waterloo Street: from Shore Street West to Middle Street, 6.15am to 10.30am
*A slip lane will be integrated allowing access to and from Gordon Street to Bainbridge Street East (east of the Gordon Street roundabout). Residents on the north-bound section of Gordon Street will be able to use the Sturgeon Street detour.
Access and detours
Two signed detours will be implemented for local resident access. One detour will run south via Wellington Street, while the second detour will run north via Delancey Street.
Council acknowledges there may be some inconveniences and thanks motorists for their cooperation.
For more information on the event, please visit www.theeventcrew.com.au/event/queensland-tri-series/