It’s time to give some of our Redlands Coast timber boardwalks and footbridges a spit and polish.
Redland City Council officers will start cleaning these assets on Monday 17 May 2021, ready for maintenance.
Once cleaned, timber preservative will be applied to the appropriate parts to keep them in tip-top condition.
More than 2km of boardwalks and footbridges will be treated, with each being closed temporarily while the work is undertake and for up to five days afterwards, while the product dries.
Timber boardwalk and footbridge at the following locations are scheduled for maintenance from 17 May to 19 June 2021, weather permitting:
• Greater Glider Conservation Area
• Hilliards Creek Platypus Corridor
• Squirrel Glider Conservation Area
• Judy Holt Recreation Reserve
• Carinyan Drive
• Lemongrove Creek Corridor
• Brewer Street
• Brosnan Drive Park
• Koala Place Nature Corridor
• Macquarie Street
• Coolnwynpin Creek, Dan Street
• Indigiscapes, Runnymede Street
• Sam Sciacca Sportsfield
• Henry Zeigenfusz Park
• Beach Street Wetlands and Foreshore
• South Street Foreshore
• Black Swamp Wetlands Boardwalk
• Black Swamp Wetlands, Queen Street
• Manning Esplanade
• George Thorn Drive
• Maleleuca Wetlands
• Tim Shea’s Wetland
• Flindersia Drive
• Schoeck Road
• Vineyard Drive
• Junee Street
• Weinam Creek Corridor, Valencia Springs
• Jack Gordon Pathway
• Emu Street Bushland
• Avalon Road
• Ford Road
• Eprapah Creek
• Crystal Waters
• Portias Place
• Rushwood Estate
• Hilliards Creek Corridor
• Jacob Street
• Valley Road Drainage Reserve
• Sovereign Waters
Signage has been placed at these boardwalks and bridges advising of planned closure dates.
We appreciate that this may disrupt some peoples’ morning walk and exercise routine for a few days and thank Redland Coast residents for their patience while the works are carried out.