Redland City Council will provide funding to help seven local not-for-profit youth organisations run events during Queensland Youth Week (10-18 April 2021).
Mayor Karen Williams said Council was happy to support the organisations with up to $1500 through the Redlands Coast Youth Week Grants.
“Redlands Coast organisations do a fantastic job supporting our local youth and providing them with safe spaces to meet, share experiences and to have fun,” she said.
“Unfortunately Council’s Youth Week program was cancelled last year due to COVID-19 so this year the focus has been on building organisational capacity for youth organisations to deliver youth activities.
“We are pleased at the response to the Youth Week Grants and the range of activities to be funded.”
The successful grant recipients and their funded activities are:
- Redland Community Centre – screen printing workshops
- Headspace Capalaba in partnership with Community Connections Redlands Coast – movie in the park
- The Cage Youth Foundation – obstacle course
- Redlands PCYC – rock climbing
- Joii Community in partnership with Celebrate Learning – an escape room
- YMCA Victoria Point – movie night
- Running Wild Youth Conservation Inc – parkour on Russell and Macleay islands
Cr Williams this year’s Youth Week activities would also include the announcement of the Redlands Coast Young Legends Awards winners on Wednesday, April 15.
Awards will be presented in four categories – Young Legend of the Year, Community Commitment, Environment and Sustainability, and Sports Leadership and Achievement.
Winners will receive a $200 voucher.
Nominations close this Friday, 12 March. Visit Council’s Redlands Coast Youth – support and activities webpage for more information.