Redlands Coast residents are encouraged to share local experiences as Christmas gifts this year.
Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said buying local would provide a much-needed boost for businesses and tourism operators who had experienced a challenging year due to COVID-19.
“This holiday season is the perfect opportunity to support our local tourism operators by gifting an experience which will showcase our naturally wonderful Redlands Coast,” she said.
“Our backyard encompasses bushland, rainforest, bay and islands and offers plenty of scope for a special gift which will create long-lasting memories.
“Such gifts will also help our local businesses to thrive and create a stronger and more prosperous community.”
13 great Redlands Coast experiences to gift:
- A guided kayak tour on the waters of Moreton Bay
- Diving and snorkeling off North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah)
- Sailing charter around southern Moreton Bay
- BBQ boat hire on Coochiemudlo Island and explore the island’s coastline
- Explore Quandamooka history and culture with a guide on North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah)
- Get crafty with a membership to Macleay Island Arts Complex
- One-on-one surf coaching
- Axe-throwing session
- A 4WD eco tour of North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah)
- A fishing charter
- Glamping under the stars
- A clay class to make your own pottery pieces
- Pamper with a day spa or beauty clinic experience
For information on any of these experiences and where to book them, grab a free copy of the latest Redlands Coast Holiday Guide, which is available from the Visitor Information Centre and participating businesses or read it online on the Visit Redlands Coast website.
Redlands Coast Visitor Information Centre is located in the Raby Bay Harbour Precinct, Cleveland.