It’s time to give our Redlands Coast timber boardwalks and footbridges some tender loving care.
Council’s Parks and Conservation folk have been busy cleaning these assets ready to for maintenance.
This will involve the application of a timber preservative to keep them in tip-top condition.
Boardwalks and footbridges being treated will be closed temporarily while the work in undertake and for up to five days afterwards, while the product dries.
These Redland Bay areas are scheduled for maintenance during the next fortnight, starting 11 May:
- Weinam Creek Corridor – Collins Park, Valencia Springs Drive, Redland Bay
- Jack Gordon Pathway, Redland Bay Foreshore.
Scheduled for maintenance from 22 May are:
- The Cleveland Foreshore, including footbridges and boardwalks from Henry Zeigenfusz Park, Cleveland to George Thorne Drive, Thornlands
- Footbridges between Beveridge Road, Thornlands and Aspect Drive, Victoria Point
- Manning Esplanade Foreshore, Cleveland
- South Street Foreshore, Cleveland
- Goleby Esplanade Foreshore, Cleveland
- Holden Street Wetlands, Cleveland
Signage has been placed at these boardwalks and bridges advising of planned closure dates.
We appreciate that this may disrupt some peoples morning walk and exercise routine for a few days and thank Redland Coast residents for their patience while the works are carried out.