A State of Fire Emergency declared earlier this month continues across 42 Local Government Areas in Queensland, which bans a range of activities that can cause fires to ignite and prohibits the lighting of specified outdoor fires.
What you cannot do during a State of Fire Emergency:
• No fireworks.
• No hangis or pit ovens permitted.
• No grinding/ welding outdoors.
• No grinding/ welding inside a building with a closed door and concrete floor. Look at your environment and check there’s no long grass or dry vegetation that may catch alight.
• If it’s essential that you run a powered pump, make sure you clear around it and take precautions to ensure that the exhaust doesn’t spark a fire.
• Avoid lawn mowing if your property is dry and highly vegetated until conditions have eased. A spark from a stone could start a fire.
• Gas barbeques with a hooded lid can be used if done so safely, in an appropriate area and only used for the purposes of cooking.
• Woodfires, smokers and pizza ovens can be used if they are completely enclosed and only used for the purposes of cooking.
For more information: https://redlnd.cc/ruralfire_stateofemergency