Redland City Council has updated Subordinate Local Law No. 5 (Parking) 2015 to include nine new off-street regulated parking areas and one map amendment.
Mayor Karen Williams said the amendments followed community consultation conducted earlier this year.
“The amendments to this subordinate local law provide mapping for future regulated parking,” she said.
“The amendments incorporate some existing areas that are not currently enforced, but with regulation will provide balanced turnover of car parks around our ferry terminals.
“Ensuring we have adequate parking available for motorists is important on Redlands Coast, especially in these key areas.”
Cr Williams said the regulated parking would not begin immediately and the community would be consulted again before regulated parking came into effect.
The areas are as follows:
- Wharf Street off-street car park, Cleveland
- William Street off-street car park, Cleveland
- Weinam Creek spoil pond off-street car park, Redland Bay
- Colburn Avenue off-street car park, Victoria Point
- Alice Street, esplanade off-street car and boat trailer park, Russell Island
- Esplanade off-street car park, Russell Island
- East Coast Road off-street car park, North Stradbroke Island
- Junner Street, Cunningham Street off-street car park, North Stradbroke Island
- Junner Street, Bayly Street off-street car park, North Stradbroke Island
- Meissner Street, Redland Bay (existing regulated parking area extended)
For further details and information about local laws on Redlands Coast, visit the Redland City Council website.