Rainfall totals of 200mm remain likely over the next 24 hours, with the possibility of isolated falls exceeding 400mm.
The Local Disaster Management Group has been stood up to manage emergency operations
Go to the Redland Disaster Management site and check critical information for your preparation and preparedness.
There is potential for flash flooding on Redlands roads so please drive carefully and heed all warnings.
Remember … if it is flooded, forget it! Don’t risk your life to cross flooded areas on foot or in a vehicle irrespective of its size and remind children to stay away from floodwaters.
Be prepared for possible power outages.
Self-service sandbag stations
Self-service sandbagging stations will be open from 7am until 6pm in the Redlands ahead of expected heavy rain and damaging winds today and tomorrow (Friday).
Self-service sandbag stations are located at:
- Cleveland Showgrounds (Norm Price Park), Long Street, Cleveland. Council staff will be onsite to assist
- North Stradbroke Island outside the depot compound on Mitchell Road, Dunwich
- Macleay Island outside the depot compound on High Central Road
- Russell Island Davidson Road Gravel Pit
Please note: enclosed shoes must be worn at all sandbag stations.
All schools in the in South-East Queensland are officially closed today.
Due to the seriousness of the forecast for this afternoon,
- Council will close down for general services from noon.
- Council Libraries will be closed
- Recycleworld at Redland Bay will be closed today.
- IndigiScapes centre, cafe and grounds are closed today.
- Councils Call Centre will continue to operate: 3829 8999
- All essential services, however, will continue to operate and some staff will remain to take residents calls.
In emergency situations always call 000.
Use the SES 132500 number for immediate response calls and the 000 for emergency situations.