The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) have advised that safety upgrade works will soon start on Mount Cotton Road, Burbank between Moxon Road and Tingalpa Creek. The upgrade will improve safety for all road users and the local community.
This work will be carried out from mid February 2017 to mid 2017, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction will predominantly occur at night from Monday to Saturday, between 6pm and 5am. Night works are required for the safety of road workers and motorists, and to minimise the impact to traffic and road users.
Some day works may also be required and they will be carried out Monday to Saturday, between 7am and 5pm.
Works will include:
• installation of shoulder widening
• installation of signage
• installation of line marking
• some drainage improvement works
What to expect:
• Motorists may experience minor traffic delays and lane closures during the works. Temporary reduced speed limits will also apply through work zones.
• Traffic control will be in place to ensure the safety of road workers and motorists.
• There will be some construction noise and dust associated with these works. Nearby residents may also experience some additional lighting and odour from the bitumen works.
TMR will make every effort to minimise disruptions and impacts to nearby residents throughout the duration of this project.
Notifications will be distributed to nearby residents before work begins, which will include information on the works and the contact details for the Project Team for any enquiries, including the on-site contact.
TMR apologises for any inconvenience these works may cause to residents and motorists, and appreciates their patience while these important safety works are carried out.
If you require further information on this project, please contact the TMR project team directly: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3066 1331 during business hours.