Bureau of Meterology have issued a weather warning for damaging winds for south east Queensland.
Locally damaging wind gusts to 90km/hr are likely about the elevated ground of the southern border ranges this morning, and also about the exposed east coastal areas during today.
Locations which may be affected include Stanthorpe, Mt Barney, Springbrook, Lamington National Park, Mt Tamborine, Coolangatta, North Stradbroke Island and Moreton Island.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 11:15 am.