A severe weather warning has been issued this morning by Bureau of Meteorology for damaging winds, heavy rainfall, abnormally high tides and dangerous surf for the south east Queensland. Read the warning in full: http://redlnd.cc/15dgN4e
Energex has advised a total of 608 properties on Russell Island are without power. The power outages are affecting the southern and mid regions of the island, located in southern Moreton Bay.
Energex is investigating. Visit www.energex.com.au for further information on outages.
STRADDIE BEACHES UPDATE
Surf Life Saving Queensland advises:
– Lifeguards will be closing Main Beach this morning.
– Cylinder Beach will most likely be closed as well.
– Lifeguards will assess conditions at Cylinder regularly and may open later in day if conditions warrant.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services – QFES advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Surf Life Saving Australia recommends that you stay out of the water and stay well away from surf-exposed areas.
* Check your property regularly for erosion or inundation by sea water, and if necessary raise goods and electrical items.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Residents are advised to:
• Tune into weather warnings on 612 ABC Brisbane and Bay FM 100.3
• Follow live updates on our news site: http://news.redland.qld.gov.au and follow our Twitter and Facebook.
• Keep up-to-date with Bureau of Meteorology weather warnings: http://redlnd.cc/1asdB6O
• Access the Redland City Disaster Management Plan – www.redlanddisasterplan.com.au – for practical information to help you prepare for, respond to and recover from a disaster.
• In life-threatening emergencies always call 000
• Follow the advice of local emergency services
• Drive to road conditions
• Don’t let children play in or around flood water.