Redlands Animal Shelter – Looking for a friend for life?
The RSPCA can no longer take our unclaimed and abandoned animals so council is adopting them out ourselves.
Visit our webpage to see our gorgeous animals currently available. Then drop in to the animal shelter at 264 South St, Thornlands for a meet and greet and to finalise arrangements. You can also follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
All animals are desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, heartworm tested and have had a full health assessment along with flea and worm prevention (unless there is a medical reason not to). Animal adoption fees are set to cover these costs.
For more information call 3829 8663.
Free business workshop – The Road to Marketing Success
- When: Tuesday 2 June, 7 – 9am
- Where: Capalaba Sports Club, Ney Road, Capalaba
- Light refreshments will be served.
Learn about the basics of market research, how it can be the cornerstone of your marketing strategy and how to leverage your findings through advertising.
RSVP: 29 May 2015. Bookings are essential:
- Online bookings: www.redland.qld.gov.au/businessworkshops
- Phone: 3829 8507
- Email: Karen.email@example.com
Indigi Day Out – Free family fun
- When: Saturday 6 June 2015, 10am-8pm
- Where: Redlands IndigiScapes Centre, 17 Runnymede Road, Capalaba
- Entry and all activities free of charge.
From market stalls, native plant sales and native animals, to arts and craft, kids’ activities and music and food, this popular annual event has something for the whole family. Stay after dark for a bushdance hosted by Folk Redlands and a fundraising barbeque.
More information: 3824 8611.
Redlands Bike Week 22-29 May
Council is hosting a range of FREE activities to celebrate bike week so come along for the ride!
- Sunday 24 May, 7.30-10.30am: Redlands Track Park Trail Care bike network restoration
- Wednesday 27 May, 6.30-7.30am: Ride the Redlands Track Park free guided scenic tour
- Friday 29 May, 7-8.30am: Redlands Bike Week Community Breakfast
For more information, locations and to register for activities visit www.redland.qld.gov.au and go to Recreation and facilities then Cycling.
Standing together – the art of reconciliation
FREE art activity for National Reconciliation Week 2015
Council invites you to create canvas art panels to symbolise our community support for reconciliation, rights and respect. All ages are welcome. The sessions will be held at the Cleveland and Capalaba Libraries, 10.30am-2.30pm, weekdays from Wednesday 27 May to Tuesday 2 June.
For more information call Tina Marshall, Indigenous Partnerships Project Officer on 3289 8736.
Water meter readings
We are reading water meetings in Sheldon and Thornlands this week. Please make sure our meter readers have clear access to the water meter.
General meeting: Wednesday 20 May 9.30am
General meeting: Wednesday 3 June 9.30am