The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has predicted rainfall totals of up to 400mm over coastal areas in south east Queensland from today until early Saturday.
Redland City is not expected to see considerable flooding as a result of the rain, but there may be some isolated road closures.
* Read the BOM prediction in full: http://redlnd.cc/1FyPSnN
* Stay up to date with the latest weather information on the BOM website and by listening to 612 ABC.
* Stay up to date with the latest road closure information on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
* If it is safe to do so, send us your images of how severe weather is affecting the Redlands #readyredlands
* Drive carefully and to the conditions.
* Never drive or walk through flood waters: if it’s flooded, forget it!
* In life-threatening situations, always call 000.
* For flood or storm emergencies, call the SES on 132 500.
A self-service sandbagging station will be open at Cleveland Showgrounds from midday until 10pm tonight. Residents can fill their own sand bags and volunteers are welcome. Anyone unable to fill their own sand bags should contact the SES on 132500.