Ferry and barge services
North Stradbroke Island
- Stradbroke Ferries last vehicle ferry service will depart Cleveland at 4.00pm and return from Dunwich at 5.00pm. The 4:00pm service from Dunwich to Cleveland has been cancelled.
- The last Stradbroke Ferries water taxi service from Cleveland today will leave at 5.25pm and 5.55pm from Dunwich.
- The last Gold Cats passenger ferry services will leave from Cleveland today at 5:25pm and 5.55pm from Dunwich.
Southern Moreton Bay Islands
- The last Stradbroke Ferries vehicle ferry service to the Southern Moreton Bay Islands will be leaving Redland Bay at 4.45pm.
- The passenger ferry is running to timetable but it will pay to check for updates with the operator.
- People can sign up to SMS alerts for the passenger ferries to the Southern Moreton Bay Islands on 3206 8033.
- The Coochiemudlo Island vehicle and passenger ferries are running to timetable.
If people do find themselves stranded on the mainland, respite centres have been opened at Redland Performing Arts Centre, 2 Middle Street, Cleveland, and at the Redland Bay Hall, 5 Weinam Street, Redland Bay.
These centres are for temporary shelter for visitors to make arrangements for accommodation with family or friends if required.
A number of island evacuation centres are on standby but at this point no evacuations have been required.
Mount Cotton Road northbound (outside of Sirromet), Mount Cotton, Rickertt Road at the Brisbane end, Mt-Gravatt- Capalaba Road behind the dam, Island Street at Cleveland at the Ross Creek crossing and Torquay Street, Redland Bay and Collingwood Road, Birkdale.
Water over the road
South Street Cleveland, Pitt Street Wellington Point, Sturgeon Street Ormiston and Tulloch Drive, Wellington Point.
Waste collection services
Catch up waste collection services have been scheduled for Monday 23 February 2015 for Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra Islands. Residents are requested to secure wheelie bins inside their properties and place out on the kerb no later than 6am on Monday ready for collection.
All other mainland and Island waste collection services are unaffected and will occur on normal scheduled days. All Council waste transfer stations are operating as normal.
For all the latest news and updates, follow Redland City Council on its website at www.redland.qld.gov.au, as well as on Facebook (Facebook.com/RedlandCouncil) and Twitter (Twitter.com/RedlandCouncil).