Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for DESTRUCTIVE WIND, HEAVY RAINFALL and LARGE HAILSTONES
for South East Queensland including Redland City.
Read the warning in full: http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html
Destructive winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large
hailstones are likely.
Golf ball hail and a 141 km/h wind gust has been recorded from Brisbane southern suburbs.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.