UPDATE: BOM cancelled the warning at 1.39pm.
The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has issued a SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING for SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND at 1:09pm for people in parts of REDLAND CITY including North Stradbroke Island.
BOM warns that at 1:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Hope Island, Jacobs Well and mouth of the Logan River. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. Damaging winds are possible.
For more information, see the warning on BOM’s website
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.