Redland City Council has a great range of holiday activities to keep school aged children busy over their winter break.
From enviro-adventures, to art, craft and dress-up days – our no or low cost activities for young children up to teenagers are very popular.
The Redlands IndigiScapes Centre hosts a number of exciting programs (mainly at the Capalaba centre) including:
- Earth explorer – 25 June & 4 July
- Bats at the Black Swamp – 26 June
- Magpie Magic – 27 June
- Bushwalking buddies – Pt Halloran Conservation Area on 28 June; Greater Glider Conservation Area on 3 July
- Bushtucker tour and taste – 2 July
- Creatures of the dark spotlight – 4 July
- Weaving with weeds – 5 July
For IndigiScapes activities, bookings are essential and can be made at Redland City Council Cleveland or Capalaba Customer Service Centres, at IndigiScapes or by phoning 3824 8611. Children less than eight years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Redland Library activities on offer include:
- School holiday story corner – 24 June at Capalaba Library
- Fairy tale friends day out – 25 June at Victoria Point; 27 June at Capalaba Library
- So you think you know books?(scavenger hunt) – 25 June at Cleveland; 27 June at Capalaba Library
- Book worm softies (craft) – 26 June at Cleveland and Capalaba Library (booking required)
- Beading – 28 June at Capalaba Library
- Play clay morning – 1 July at Capalaba Library
- Crafty stories – 2 July at Cleveland; 3 July at Victoria Point; 4 July at Capalaba Library
- Ancient artifacts – 2 July at Victoria Point; 4 July at Capalaba Library (booking required).
Phone Young People’s Services on 3843 8031 or email email@example.com for more information or to book. Note – bookings are only required for some library activities. Parents/guardians must remain with children for the duration of the activity.
Redland Art Gallery will host Cartoon Connections – a children’s exhibition showcasing artworks by local children (open until 14 August) and including a family morning tea event on 26 June.
Visit ‘Holiday activities’ for full details of all IndigiScapes, Redland Library and Redland Art Gallery activities.
Bookings are required for some activities with limited spaces – book now to avoid disappointment.