Redland City Council is establishing self-service sandbagging stations across the City ahead of heavy rainfall and strong winds expected later this week.
The sandbagging stations will open Tuesday 13 March and Wednesday 14 March 10am to 6pm weather permitting.
Self-service sandbag stations are located at:
- Cleveland Showgrounds (Norm Price Park), Long Street, Cleveland
- Council staff will be onsite to assist
North Stradbroke Island
- Outside the Council Depot on Mitchell Crescent, Dunwich
- Outside the Council Depot on Scarborough Terrace.
- Outside the Council Depot on Cambridge Road.
Sand, sand bags and shovels will be supplied, at the self-serve stations.
Redland SES Volunteers will assist in manning the self-serve sand bagging station at Cleveland Showgrounds form 10am to 6pm.
Residents are allowed a maximum limit of 8 sand bags per household. Please note: enclosed shoes must be worn.
Redland SES reminds residents to check gutters are clear and secure loose items around your home.