The winners of the Our Redlands Story Competition have been announced today, with entries capturing the spirit of the Redlands through verse, prose, film and photographs.
The competition, part of Redland City Council’s development of a brand which best defines the city, encouraged Redlanders to share stories about their home and what it meant to them.
The winners, who will each get an Apple IPad 9.7inch retina 32GB Wi-Fi are (view entries by clicking links below):
- Veronica Mahoney-Hodges, Raby Bay
- Jo Dickson, Russell Island
- Mike Selvage, Thornlands
- Jennifer Parker, Victoria Point
- Lexy and Leah Lever, Victoria Point
The runners-up, who will get Go Pro Hero4 Session are (view entries by clicking links below):
- Emily Brown, Redland Bay
- Hazel Porteous, Victoria Point
- Amy Damant, Victoria Point
- Eliza Shepherd, Victoria Point
- Barbara Bradford, Sheldon.
- Jacob McDermott, 11, Wellington Point
- Zara Shepherd – 11, Victoria Point
Entries showed a strong sense that the Redlands, its lifestyle and natural beauty was indeed special and Council thanks everyone who took the time to enter.