Here’s some pointers for an easier trip to the tip this summer:
- Boxing Day and New Year’s Day are especially busy times for Redland Bay and Birkdale Waste Transfer Stations, so there may be some delays. Please be patient and know that our staff are doing their best to keep the queue moving.
- Get sorted before you go- separate the different waste types so it’s easier for staff to inspect your load and for you to recycle your waste.
- Have your proof of residency ready for the gatehouse.
- Declare your load.
- Follow staff instructions.
- Drop loads in the right spot.
- Waste transfer stations are not safe places for children or your pets.
Waste transfer stations will be closed on Christmas day but will otherwise operate as normal. For more information on waste disposal visit Council’s website or call 3829 8999.