As the severity of the bushfires on North Stradbroke Island reduces, Redland City Council, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services – QFES and Queensland Police Service invite North Stradbroke Island residents and visitors to attend a get-the-facts public meeting.
The latest fire information will be provided and questions can be answered on topics including:
• An overview of the Straddie bushfires and where to from here
• Wildlife – what to do and who to call if you find an injured animal
• Emergency planning for the islands of Moreton Bay
• New emergency signs for Straddie
• Straddie – open for business
• Electricity update.
You will also have an opportunity to provide your feedback and view images of the bushfire.
Meeting times – Wednesday 15 January 2014
10am, Dunwich Community Hall, Corner Ballow Road and Junner Street, Dunwich
12 Noon, Amity Point Hall, 16 Ballow Road, Amity Point
2pm, Point Lookout Community Hall, East Coast Road, Point Lookout
Alfred Martin Way (formerly Tazi Road) is open. Brown Lake, Blue Lake, Keyholes and the Main Beach camp grounds are also open. Tree loppers are continuing work along East Coast Road. There may be some traffic delays.