Australia Day celebrations in the Redlands
Sunday 26 January
Many locals and visitors like to celebrate Australia Day in Redland City’s beautiful parks. If you plan on heading outdoors, we ask – for everyone’s safety and enjoyment – that you:
- be respectful of other people in public areas
- use the bins in our parks to clean up any rubbish
- celebrate responsibly
Wellington Point: A free shuttle bus will run from 7am to 6pm along Main Road between the reserve and Wellington Point shops. It will also pick up from Wellington Point Community Hall carpark, Birkdale Road. For more information on access to Wellington Point, visit our website or phone 3829 8462.
To make sure everyone can enjoy Australia Day, Council officers and police will be patrolling parks across the city.
Toondah Harbour and Weinam Creek PDA draft plans
View plans until Monday 24 February
Draft plans for the transformation of Cleveland’s Toondah Harbour and Redland Bay’s Weinam Creek Priority Development Areas are available for public viewing and written submissions until Monday 24 February.
To view the plans or make a submission online, visit our website or visit Council’s Customer Service Centres, Libraries and key community services on the bay islands.
Come to an information forum
Toondah Harbour forums:
- Saturday 1 February, 1 – 3pm at Island View Cafe, Toondah Harbour Ferry Terminal
- Friday 7 February, 3.30 – 5.30pm at Island View Cafe, Toondah Harbour Ferry Terminal
- Saturday 8 February, 1 – 3pm at Dunwich Community Hall, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island
Weinam Creek forums:
- Thursday 30 January, 5 – 8pm, at Redland Bay Community Hall, Redland Bay
- Thursday 6 February, 5 – 8pm at Macleay Progress Hall, Macleay Island
Rates Notices have now been issued
Rates Notices have been issued with payments due by Monday 10 February 2014. A full list of payment options is on the front of your Rates Notice. If you did not receive your Rates Notice, have moved address, would like to discuss your payment options or have any other rating inquiries, please call 3829 8999.
Interruption to services
The Mobile Library will be out of services until Monday 3 February 2014 due to repairs. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Water meter readings
Cut back the chrysanthemums! We are reading water meters in Capalaba and Macleay and Lamb islands this week. Please make sure meter readers have clear access to your water meter.
Wednesday 29 January – General Meeting, 9.30am