We will be updating this page with all of the latest updates about Straddie on Tuesday 7 January 2014.
New update: Straddie bushfire update: Tuesday 7 January
- Main Beach south of the causeway and Main Beach camp grounds remain closed. The airport and lakes (Blue, Brown, Keyholes) remain closed.
- Alfred Martin Way (Tazi Road) closed. East Coast Road is open, however there are active fires in this area and near Yarraman Mine Road.
- There is an open fire ban in place.
- There is no current threat to people or property.
- While North Stradbroke is open for visitors, there are still active fires. Residents and visitors are urged to be careful on the island and follow directions of emergency services personnel.
- Read the update in full Straddie bushfire update: 9.10am Tuesday 7 January